Thursday, November 14, 2013

Operation Narcoleptic Reindeer AAR/ Ares Tavor AAR

Okay, a lot happened last Saturday. I will start by saying it was an awesome day, and totally worth the 15 dollar entrance fee and the drive up.If you did not know, this was a Milsim event, meaning it attempts to closely reenact scenarios, fictitious or not.

The scenario for this Operation was that there was to be a democratic election in Iraq, while the locals voted, a group of Iraqi Insurgents vowed to disrupt the election.

I, and my team, Task Force Kilo, signed up for the US forces. The US forces were to not let the elections be disturbed.

I rode with Rob, Sabin, and my friend, Parker; we left at 7:30, but after getting a little lost we did not make it until ten minutes after the arrival time was supposed to be. Thankfully, the flow of the morning was slow, and we were not NOTICEABLY late.

Still, everyone was scrambling to get all their gear ready in the shortened time we had. After that, chrono, I brought the Tavor as my only weapon of the day. This is where things turn crazy. As you can read down below this post, I pretty much jinxed myself by talking about my lack of a backup gun. I got up to chrono, with a loaded magazine and charged battery, and it went 'Click' 'Click'. That feeling of pure irritation where you just want to done with these silly BB guns was upon me. I ran back, and slapped in my backup 8.4v and ran back to chrono. I decided I'd better take some test shots instead up just having complete faith in the gun.

After a couple of shots on semi, I walked into the chrono shack. I get up to the chrono, 'Get it figured out kid' 'Yes Sir!'. *Click, *Click.

SON OF A MOTHER DUCK.

The reason it shot outside and then quit still perplexes me, I don't think I ever will understand. I am now in the market for a backup gun.

When things go bad for me, its like domino's. Things just continue to happen until I go crazy. Like some sort of sick joke. Thankfully, my Friend Khang, Check out his blog here: Kilo21.blogspot.com, let me borrow his KWA MP7.

If you haven't seen it, it is DECKED out! I was super nervous, because of my streak of bad luck, but I took it anyway. Otherwise, I would just have to yell "PEW PEW!" And hope someone took the safety kill. Of course, Khang had R-hopped it.

There is one weapon on the US team that is really noteworthy, mostly because I had never seen one before and it was ridiculous. It was a Polarstar'd M82, I don't know what base he used, probably the Snow Wolf, but It was AWESOME to look at. And if there was every a person to carry it, it was that guy. He was a beast.

We started by clearing the Town, the lightweight and compactness of the MP7 made me feel like I wasn't carrying anything at all. And it made for a great room clearing element. Although firing the MP7 was awesome, though I didn't do often, because I only had the two magazines Khang had let me borrow, I began to hate the ergonomics of this micro-submachine gun more and more. The grip is long and thin, and the tiny little vertical grip is a joke. Also the stock is almost as bad as the KWA Mac11's stock. Which is also a joke. (I realize its the same on the real M11,and it is more of a brace)

We set up a perimeter around the town, and we were still getting our bearings on how to deal with the Civi's coming into vote. We treated them as hostile, and I think over did it. We were really the only somewhat organized team we were 1-1. Both 2-1 and 2-2 was a joke, they did not know what they were doing, and neither did we. There is a time and place kiddies.

Before lunch, we were told we had to evacuate some voters from the other side of the field back into the town to vote. We made the 1/4 mile to the house in which they were at, and slowly made our way back. Knowing the Iraqi Insurgents had something planned. I had been put on security for locals coming back, and did my best to keep a close, but safe distance.

We were 300 feet from the town when all hell broke loose. They wiped out more than half of our team. As soon as I hear gunfire I turn and tell the locals to back up and get down. We were at the rear, thank god, and avoided the firefight. But I saw an Iraqi insurgent run up from the side and was about to eliminate the rest of our squad. I walk up to him, gun drawn, at his 9 O' Clock, I was super surprised he did not see me. I say in a voice just loud enough for him to hear me "Safety kill", he seemed super disappointed.

I get back with the locals, and they congratulate me. Apparently that guy is known for being very sneaky, so sneaky in fact that was the first time he had ever been safety killed.

It seemed as if the rest of my guys had secured the rest of the road to the Town, so I tell they locals we need to go. They walked. I walked behind they watching as much as I could. But I failed to look back, this turned fatal when I heard gun fire and jumped in front of the local I was told to protect. I get sprayed head to toe, but thank God none of the insurgents were. And they made it okay.

A large chunk of the game was watching the town, and shooting the insurgents that shot our way.
But then when we were told to make it to the house again, they had created a strong hold. And we lost a lot of men bull rushing it.

In the mist of it, I made it into a trench with the last few survivors of the first 'wave'. We coordinated my rush to the house and tossing my thunder b in. As I was running, it seemed I lost control of my throwing arm. I chucked it. It COMPLETELY misses the window, and lands on the roof.
Darn. Now I am sitting in front of this window with a guy shooting out of it who doesn't know Im there. I figured I could make my way around and safety kill them from behind them inside. But in the midst of figuring my plan out. I feel a sharp pain up and down my back, the guy in the window had seen me. And apparently neglected to call safety kill. Cool.


Now, I was dead. I sat there for about 4 minutes and decided I should probably get my grenade off the roof and get back to my team. Thankfully, this must be a common occurrence, because there was a latter VERY conveniently placed next to the roof. I climb up there and see my grenade, Its looks like a birthday ballon. I duck, and look back up. I don't think its going to blow. I knock it down very carefully. And stare at it. And stare. STARE.
Now I get to play Bomb technician. Awesome. I creep up on it as if I was stalking an animal, and jump at it and unscrew it quickly. Stressfull. Without thinking I screw it back in and throw it in my dump pouch and regroup at my CCP. 

As it got dark, we moved the game back into the town, with some stressful wave esc. battle rushes from the Insurgents, and the locals blowing things up. It was stressful. 

The game quickly wound down, I was late to get back, but Rob, the 'director' of these games, insisted I stay for the final words.Im glad I did, because Khang and I were both awarded SA Club memberships for 2014 for being leaders on the field. I was very thankful, and its just another excuse to go to more SA games! 

Overall, It was a great day. Started out extremely stressful with guns refusing to function, pouches failing, and a floppy, unadjusted vest, but ended on a high note, being recognized by the local SA admins! TFK Kicked some Ass all day, and that training definitely paid off. 
Also, Remember that thunder b I screwed back together and threw in my dump pouch? Yeah, neither did I. As I am unpacking my stuff out of the car, It falls out, It latterly has vein like stress marks. I had time enough just to throw it away from the car. It exploded as soon as it hit the ground. If it had explode as we were driving, I dont even want to think what would've happened. Thank God that didn't happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment