Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Them Feels. (Missing my GBBR)

If you read my "About me" Page on here, you would know I owned an upgraded WA GBBR recently.
I've always envied the GBBR users at our local fields, even while seeing their downsides. Cooldown, limited magazine capacity, COST. But I still yearned for one.
About three months ago, that feeling overtook me. I posted my baby, my VFC M16, on Airsoft Craigslist,'looking to trade for GBBR'. Took about three weeks, and many lame offers. Some offers were to good to be true also.  But when a guy offered an upgraded Western Arms GBBR, I took it.

When it arrived, the intense similarity to my REAL Ar15 astounded me. And the first time I shot it, I was hooked. He had put in a CNC aluminum bolt carrier, IA bolt (Nozzle), and NPAS,200% buffer spring and an steel lower parts kit.

The first time I shot it, WOW. Felt very foreign, as I was so accustomed to using an AEG. It felt..Awesome. The trigger response was literally instantaneous, and chrisp. And you could fire it on semi-auto faster than you could blazing away on full auto. The full auto was slow, at best, but it really allowed you to use it, and make those shots COUNT!

Magazines, were..EXPENSIVE, but the realism of having to dump close to empty magazines out of safety and reusing when all your other magazines were out was, Realistic. G&P Pmags hold around 35-40 rounds, giving INSANE realism, I had two.

The plastic lower and upper receiver that came on the WA, were disappointing at best. Plasticy, almost toy like, a metal replacement would cost around 200 bucks! LOLNOPE. I had broken the trigger guard, but had 'fixed' with super glue, and the upper receiver threads were. Stripping.

I loved it anyway. But I guess I loved Airsofting in the winter more, because as winter approached, I knew I wouldn't be able to use it. :(
So, I packaged it up, and shipped it off for an Ares TAVOR (Read below)
To be honest, I will probably be picking up another GBBR at some point. Beginning of summer 2014??...Maybe. Likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment