Friday, January 17, 2014

Singing praise of the JPC

I had my fill of bulky, heavy plate carriers; I had drug my Conderp Defender to Pegasus, and while not bad, it was not an optimal piece of equipment. Heavy, bulky, and HUGE were major issues, and with the 90 degree weather it was really, REALLY hot. Also, Conderp.

I have been through my fair share of different plate carriers: First Choice Armour, Matrix CIRAS, Condor Defender, TMC 6094..Probably a few I missed, but they all, (Arguable not the 6094) are extremely bulky and unwieldy indoors.

The bulk is arguably better for warmth, and it has the ability to carry quite a bit more than a super low profile chest rig or plate carrier with the added benefit of having the capability to carry a plate.

That is where the JPC comes in, designed by CRYE industries, it is the latest technology in plate carriers. The Crye was designed to provide the lowest profile possible in a plate carrier platform.
But the beauty of the JPC is the cummerbund, and the weight. The medium is a crazy 1.3Lbs, and it has the side carrying capacity of a cummerbund. Its really a modern marvel in the tactical gear markert. Arguable only bested by again, Crye, with their 'Airlite' model.

Only problem is the Crye is 250 dollars, and you have a hard time finding one in stock. As you guys know, I am not the high roller of our airsoft community, I am as budget minded as the noob. But one who does not want to look like a noob anymore.

So, the Flyye was the obvious choice. At 73 dollars, with the Flyye name, it was a steal.

I have been really impressed with the flyye, i've fielded it twice and can sense it is a keeper. (At least, for a while) Only problem I have encountered is the bungee cord magazine retentions breaking, but that can be easily remedied with mil-spec cord.

Its lightweightness and low profile makes it a dream to field, while in my current configuration being able to hold 5 M4 magazines + one in the gun, IFAK, Knife, and Admin pouch.

I will follow this up after a few more games to really try and get my opinion on the JPC design and my current setup, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment